Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Utah Legislature – 2009 Edition




I have been swamped since the 2009 General Session of the Utah Legislature began on January 26. It has been one of the busiest sessions in my career. Here’s why:

  • The Salt Lake Chamber has five major public policy initiatives (transportation, economic stimulus, energy resources, immigration, education), all of which will take a lot of political will and resources to pass

  • I am working on three other projects at the same time for various other clients

  • I am monitoring over 200 pieces of legislation for the Chamber and other clients
    I am trying to land as many new clients as I can while the legislature is convened

  • Life in a family of six children does not simply shut off because I am busy at work.

That being said, the best part of all this is being able to go home each night to two little girls who run into my arms when I first walk in the door, to the dulcet strains of “I’m So Glad When Daddy Comes Home.” My love for my four older children also grows each day. I always look forward to my time with them.


And then there is the love of my life, Trish. Nothing makes me happier or gives me more joy than being with her, learning with her, growing with her. The Lord has indeed blessed me.

No comments: