Thursday, May 28, 2009

Carol Jean Stewart Paulsen – 1928-2009

Trish's beloved mother, Carol Jean Stewart Paulsen, died yesterday, May 27, at her home in Salt Lake City in the arms of her beloved eternal companion, Carl. Trish and the rest of the Paulsen family are quietly going about their preparations for the funeral, which will be held on Saturday, May 30.

Carol was a wonderful mother-in-law. Her light and optimism filled every room she entered. She was full of sunshine and color and loved every moment of her life. In spite of near constant pain during the last few months of her life, she never complained. Instead she always buoyed up others and had a kind word for everyone she encountered. Everything Trish knows about mothering, about caring, and about having faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ she learned from her mother.

She undoubtedly has had joyful reunions on the other side with family members and friends that have passed on before her, but most especially with her son Leif. I also know that she has already met and talked to my own mother, Cleo Judd Riggs. They share the same birthday, December 7.

May Heavenly Father continue to bless you, C. J., as we honor you in the days ahead.

3 comments:

Cam said...

My condolences to your family for this temporary, but painful personal loss. CJ must indeed be a wonderful person since (as Rob points out) she was the role model for her daughter, Patricia, who we all know is about as close to being a mortal angel as one can be in this life.

Melannie said...

I'm so sorry for Trish's loss, I know her mother has probably had many reunions with loved ones beyond the veil. I still remember her and other family members saying how much Ryan resembled Leif's looks. She was very sweet, I am sure she will be greatly missed. We love you guys! Many e-hugs and kisses! Melannie

Shelley Robinson said...

Trish, I can't tell you how sorry I was to hear of your darling Mother's death. I lived just one street over from your family (on Melony Drive), and have many happy memories of your unique and wonderful Mom. She had us over for dinners in the basement dining room,guest speaker luncheons in the back yard, etc. I remember seeing her on rollerblades not that long ago! She lived life to the fullest, and was a great example of joyful living. My heart is with all of your family.
Shelley Robinson